Water Resources Management Specialists
Institution: Kenya Markets Trust
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Positions: 2
The Water Resources Specialists will support the WRM technical lead in the design and implementation of strategies and interventions related to water resources. This position will report to Water Resources Management Technical Lead. The positions will be based in Kakamega and Homabay.
- Work closely with community structures such as Water Resources Users Associations (WRUAs), Basin and Sub Basin Catchment Committees, Water Resources Authority, County Governments and Private sector and other key stakeholders to develop actions that will ensure participatory and sustainable management of water resources within the target areas
- Strengthen the capacity of WRUAs and government officials on catchment protection / watershed management.
- Support development and strengthen institutional linkages with the private sector companies and other statutory institutions including WRA, KFS, etc. and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) for better water stewardship and catchment protection.
- Support in the design and implementation the Payment for Ecosystem Services and other private sector financing models for water conservation
- implementation of freshwater related advocacy strategies, including engagement with governmental and private sector institutions
- Steer coordination initiatives between water services and water resources management actors in the target counties.
- Support in the reporting, documentation and knowledge management for the WRM component and dissemination to key stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to water services team in development of water safety plan and disaster risk reduction plans
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Water Resources, Hydrology, environmental management, conservation, natural resources management or related field. A master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in development organizations / government / private sector, etc.
- Technical proficiency in conservation and integrated water resources management.
- Good knowledge and working experience in watershed management, climate variability, community conservation initiatives, etc.;
- Good communication skills (written/oral), good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of local languages and cultures are added advantages;
- Strong relationship management skills and capacity to influence at multiple levels across national and county governments and the community.
- Experience in undertaking WRM advocacy initiatives, including engagement with governmental and private sector institutions
Method of Application
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating the names of at least three referees indicating the position title in the subject line to email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is October 22, 2021.
Kenya Markets Trust is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.