Institution: Kenyatta University Teaching
Job Type: Full Time
The Urologist’s job exists to coordinate and provide specialized services and participate in research in the area of specialization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examining, diagnosing, and treating patient conditions and disorders of the genitourinary systems.
- Documenting and reviewing patients.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Using specialized equipment, such as fluoroscopes, radiofrequency ablation machines and laparoscopes.
- Performing abdominal, pelvic, or retroperitoneal surgeries when necessary.
- Treating lower urinary tract dysfunctions.
- Providing Urology consultations or referring patients to other specialists.
- Directing nurses, residents, and allied staffs.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of the Department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Master of Medicine in Surgery (Urology) from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council as a urologist.
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover.
- Recognition as a specialist by the KMPDC.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- At least one year’ working experience as a Urologist in a busy hospital.
Method of Application
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via careers.kutrrh.go.ke OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form (https://www.kutrrh.go.ke/wp- content/uploads/2022/07/KUTRRH_Job_Application_Form_July_2022.pdf) , and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 12th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau