Institution: Kenyatta University Teaching
Job Type: Full Time
REF - V/FT/93/2022
The Transplant Surgeon coordinates and provides specialized surgical services and participate in research in the area of specialization.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing and ensuring all the recommendations are carried out.
- Undertaking on call duties including clerking, investigating and managing patients.
- Conducting ward rounds, clinics and theatre days as scheduled/directed.
- Conduct medical research
- Training, supervising and mentoring Clinical Officers, Medical Officers, Medical Interns and other students.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Reports.
- Participating in community outreach duties including care and treatment.
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to the benefit of the customer and service provider.
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control.
- Carrying out health education and promotion.
- Refer patients to other medical specialists for further diagnosis of complex or unclear disorder or disease within the hospital.
- Establish plan of care for patients, centered on slowing the progress of their disease or disorder, and incorporate diet and lifestyle changes, as well as monitored medications within or without the hospital.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Master of Medicine in General Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Subspecialty / fellowship training in Transplant Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
- Valid Practice License
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Proven track record of medical research and training.
- At least one (1) year working experience as a Transplant Surgeon in a busy hospital
Method of Application
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via careers.kutrrh.go.ke OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form https://www.kutrrh.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/KUTRRH_Job_Application_Form_July_2022.pdf , and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 12th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau