Institution: Kirinyaga University
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support in teaching by preparing workshop practicals in liaison with Lecturers
- Development and review of Workshop practical manuals
- Guide and supervise experiments/ practicals
- Developing, implementing, enforcing, reviewing Laboratory safety measures and guidelines.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to students both during and outside the formal evaluation and instruction arenas.
- ISO Matters- Implementing workshop QMS
- Advising the School and the University on new developments in medical engineering attachment placement
- Develop, maintain and implement equipment, maintenance, calibration schedule and to always ensure workshop equipment are in good working conditions
- Initiate, promote and participate in research projects
- Practical/attachment supervision; coordinating student rotations or site visits and helping students understand their duties in different attachment settings.
- Student Evaluation; conduct formal student performance evaluations, as well as occasionally providing informal feedback.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the C.o.D and or Dean
- Diploma in Medical Engineering from a recognized institution
- Applicants with Diploma in Electrical Engineering will have an added advantage
- At least three (3) years’ relevant work experience
- Registered with relevant professional body
Method of Application
Applicants must submit five (5) copies of applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of most recent letter of appointment.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 9th August, 2021.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
P. O. BOX 143-10300