Institution: Kirinyaga University
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising and assisting students in the laboratory,
- Collection and preparation of teaching and learning/research materials,
- Preparation of tools, equipment and machines for use in practical by the students and teaching staff.
- Obtaining and setting of equipment for practical and demonstrations;
- Ensuring safe keeping and general housekeeping of laboratory
- Maintaining laboratory safety and proper disposal of laboratory waste.
- Maintain of laboratory inventory
- Assist teaching staff and students in carrying out various teaching and research projects in the laboratory.
- KCSE C- (Plus) and above.
- Diploma in Biology or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- At least three (3) years relevant work experience
- Show proven ability in assembly of basic scientific equipment and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge in Information Communication Technology
- First Aid and Occupational Health and Safety Training.
Method of Application
Applicants must submit five (5) copies of applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of most recent letter of appointment.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 9th August, 2021.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
P.O. BOX 143-10300