Senior Public Affairs and Corporate Communications Officer
Institution: Judiciary of Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Corporate Communication or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized university institution;
- A Post-Graduate Diploma in any of the following: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Corporate Communication any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized university institution;
- Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- A Senior Management course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum of Six (6) years relevant work Experience;
- At least Three (3) years at Supervisory Management level.
Core Job Competencies
Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing formulation, implementation and reviewing of the Commission’s Communication policies, strategies and guidelines;
- Ensuring effective and efficient crisis communication management;
- Championing public engagement for effective stakeholders’ relations;
- Managing corporate information gateways for effective communication;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of strategies to foster positive media relations;
- Coordinating preparation of timely media supplements, appearances, documentaries, press releases and features;
- Managing the Commission’s digital platforms;
- Managing executive events with a view to securing institutional profiling moments;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of initiatives to promote the Commission’s positive corporate image and foster relations with stakeholders;
- Facilitating promotion of public awareness of the Commission’s programs and processes through development and dissemination of Information, Education and Communication materials
- Overseeing the development and implementation of a robust internal communication strategies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their a plications by Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal.