Senior Electrical Engineer
Institution: Judiciary of Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registered as an Engineer by Engineers Board of Kenya or any other recognized professional body;
- A Senior Management Course from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated professional competence in work performance and results; and
- Met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years at Supervisory Management level.
Job Core Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Kenya;
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and maintain electrical installations equipment;
- Knowledgeable in regulations and guidelines for electrical works;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, implementing and maintaining electrical installations equipment’s;
- Coordinating installation and testing to ensure compliance with specifications;
- Performing detailed calculations and establishing compliance of installation standards;
- Inspecting completed installations and observe operations;
- Overseeing compliance to design and equipment specifications;
- Overseeing compliance with operational and safety standards;
- Preparing specification for materials and equipment;
- Reviewing electrical systems, product components and applications;
- Confirming systems and components capacity by design testing methods;
- Maintaining electrical equipment;
- Supervising electrical works;
- Carrying out feasibility studies and preparation of reports; and
- Ensuring compliance with the regulations and guidelines for electrical works.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal.