Institution: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Type: Full Time
SECTION 9 : FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
9.2 Senior Accountant, Job Grade CASB 5 (CASB 23/8/2021) – 1 Post.
Basic Salary: Kshs. 87,360
House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 12,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating Preparation and submission of the monthly, quarterly and annual
Financial Reports to relevant government agencies;
- Processing payments through IFMIS;
iii. Coordinating the preparation and submission of reconciliation reports to the relevant government agencies.
- Coordinating the payment process in the County Assembly;
- Enforce compliance with County Assembly’s internal controls for all payments.
- Verifying entries on books of accounts;
vii. Reviewing draft audit responses;
viii. Verifying entries on the fixed assets register;
- Drafting departmental procurement requisitions;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposal; and
xii. Mentoring and coaching staff.
Requirements for Appointment
- a) Minimum of Four (4) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- b) Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management(Accounting/Finance option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- c) Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management(Accounting/Finance option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- d) Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K) Examination;
- e) Certificate in a Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- f) Membership with Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing;
- g) Proficiency in computer application skills;
- h) Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance.
- i) Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Detailed specifications and requirements for each position stated above can be downloaded from the County Assembly website http://www.bungomaassembly.go.ke/
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials. and National Identity card.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials. National Identity Card, and clearances from. EACC, KRA, DCI. HELB and CRB.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886-50200, Bungoma
Or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- be hand delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 at the Main County Assembly building.
All applications should be received not later than 23rd September, 2021.
THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
COUNTY ASSEMBLY SERVICE BOARD.