Institution: Nzoia Water Services Company Ltd
Job Type: Full Time
NZOWASCO/MD/9/2021/3: Security Officer (1 post)
Salary Scale 9 – 10
Reporting to the Head of Human Resource and Administration
Job Purpose (Role)
Under the general direction of the Head of Human Resource and Administration, the job holder will be tasked with securing the premises and personnel by staying on patrol, monitoring surveillance equipment, performing building inspections, guarding entry points, and verifying visitors.
- Planning, organization, administration, co-ordination and operations of the civilian security matters.
- Advising the respective the Heads of Departments on matters affecting the civilian security function.
- Coordinate complex investigations on sensitive crime; liaise with relevant security agencies
- Attend senior security personnel meetings and be responsible for the training and development of the Security Personnel.
- Maintenance and custody of security records
- Filing of security cases with the police
- General supervision of the security personnel
- Investigating and reporting on security matters in the company Competencies and Critical Success Factors
Working with Others:
- Team working: Leads aspects of team work, seeking and implementing improvements to the team’s outputs/service and developing colleagues within the team. Challenges colleagues.
- Customer Focus: Provides a quality service that is regularly reviewed. Anticipates customer needs. Actively seeks feedback on services from customers and makes appropriate changes to service and to underpinning policy/strategy.
- Communicating and influencing: Communicates effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders, influencing and negotiating change. Networks internally to keep ahead of developments and keeps confidential investigation reports
- Delivering Results
- Making informed decisions: Uses a wide range of professional to ensure controlled risks to the company. Uses trends and data to establish controls and performance indicators
- Organization Delivery: Takes account of organizational priorities to ensure that there’s compliance to security measures and protection of the company property
- Adaptability: Embraces and manages change. Seeks opportunities for change, supporting colleagues in implementing new ways of working, effectively and supportively communicating the rationale for change.
- Focusing on the Future
- Entrepreneurship and Commercial Focus: protect the company property and monitor areas of risks for improvement
- Creativity and Innovation: Use of technology and innovation to reduce wastage and pilferages and improve service delivery
- Service providers
- All employees within the organization
- Government security agencies
- Relevant Government institutions
Academic/Professional Qualifications and Minimum Experience
- Degree in relevant discipline (Criminology/ Social Sciences)
- Must have served satisfactorily in the grade of Security Officer or in a comparable position for at least Five (5) years; and have demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability
- First Aid / Firefighting Certificate from a recognized Institution
- Approved Security Course at Administration Police Training College, Prison Training College, CID Training School, Military Training Institution or its accepted equivalent;
- Management course from a reputable organization lasting at least four weeks
- A Certificate of Good Conduct
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV, application letter, copies of academic and professional certificates and chapter six documents in hard copy, indicating the reference number on the envelop on or before 29th September 2021 by 5.00pm. to;
Nzoia Water Services Company Ltd
P.O. Box 1010- 50205