Risk Management Officer
Institution: Judiciary of Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration or any other recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Professional Certification as Certified Public Accountants of Kenya(CPA K) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Risk Management or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Membership to professional body with Good Standing;
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the Requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum three(3)years relevant work experience;
- At least one(1)year at Supervisory Management Level.
Job Core Competencies
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills;
- Supervisory and Problem-solving skills;
- Confidentiality and High Integrity;
- Hands-on and Results Oriented;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing an annual Risk and Compliance Review Plan to be approved by the Audit, Governance and Risk Management Committee;
- Reviewing compliance with existing laws, regulations, policies, plans and procedures, accounting pronouncements, contractual obligations, circulars and guidelines;
- Preparing reports for all risk and compliance assessments undertaken and submit for review and approval;
- Follow up on the implementation of Risk and Compliance assessments findings and ensure recommendations made are implemented;
- Training and sensitizing judicial officers and staff in risk management and compliance;
- Preparing a consolidated Judiciary Risk register and ensure that it is regularly updated;
- Coordinate statutory and external risk and compliance reviews
- Carrying out investigations as requested by management, or red flags noted and recommend prompt corrective measures.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their a applications by Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal.