Institution: Kirinyaga University
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorting, filing and dispatching letters for efficient communication.
- Maintaining an efficient file system for easy retrieval of documents.
- Find, retrieve and make copies of information from Students’ files in response to requests and deliver information to authorized users.
- Open files for the new students and folio them
- Manage office files and ensure confidentiality on the same
- Receive and deliver mail in the office
- File correspondence in the student files
- Assist in updating electronic student records
- Assist in the management of the Academic Registry
- Assist in the control and tracking the movement of files and documents within the academic registry.
- Assist in managing students’ activities and records
- KCSE Certificate with a minimum grade of C–(minus)
- Diploma in Records Management or relevant qualification
- Be Computer literate
- Have at least three years past work experience
- Terms and conditions of service
- Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
- Employment will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms except for Tutorial Fellows.
- Those with degrees from foreign universities should attach certificates of equation and recognition of qualifications from Kenya National Qualifications Authority.
- Applicants must meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution, 2010
Method of Application
Applicants must submit five (5) copies of applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of most recent letter of appointment.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 9th August, 2021.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
P. O. BOX 143-10300