Programme Management Assistant
- Provides assistance in support of planning and implementation activities and processes for, typically, a large and highly complex component of the unit program or project initiatives.
- Researches, compiles, analyzes, summarizes, and presents basic information and data on specific programs, projects, and related topics.
- Assists in the coordination of program/project planning and preparation; monitors the status of program/project proposals; takes necessary action to ensure project documents are completed and submitted to relevant parties for approval.
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of program and project budget proposals; provides assistance in the interpretation of budget guidelines; reviews and coordinates submissions of program proposals and budget estimates, ensuring that requisite information is included and justified in terms of proposed activities; proposes adjustments as necessary; prepares reports; and ensures that outputs and services are properly categorized.
Program and Project Implementation
- Assists in the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects; categorizes, updates, tracks, and analyzes data related to programs and projects, e.g., accounting records, outputs, resources utilized, deviations and revisions, etc.; carries out periodic status reviews; identifies issues and initiates requisite followup actions.
- Prepares revised budget estimates; reports on budget revisions, expenditures, and obligations; verifies the availability of funds; ensures necessary approval and entry in the computerized budget system; initiates financial authorizations for expenditures.
- Collaborates with program and project managers on performance reporting; liaises with relevant parties on the interpretation of the activities and services scheduled and various planning instruments, such as work plans; provides assistance on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules, and procedures; and ensures the completeness and accuracy of the data submitted.
- Drafts program/project summaries, coordinates review and clearance processes, and coordinates with editors, translation services, etc. on the finalization and publication of reports in multiple languages.
Program and Project Administration
- Serves as the focal point for coordination, monitoring, and expedition of program and project implementation activities involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests and prepare standard terms of reference against program or project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and followup on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, organization of and participation in training and study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates files (electronic and paper) and internal databases, including supporting the programme team in the UMOJA Integrated Planning, Monitoring, and Reporting (IPMR) project management module; designs and generates a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports, statistical tables, graphic content, and other background materials and notes to facilitate inspection and other reviews.
- Drafts correspondence and communications related to all aspects of program and project administration, including work plans and budgets, revisions, and other related issues, as well as prepare unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports.
- Provides guidance and training to new or junior staff, consultants, and UN volunteers.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as the preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning, and decisionmaking.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in programme or project administration, technical cooperation or related area is required.
- Experience working with national governments in project implementation is required.
- Experience working on Global Environment Facility (GEF) projects is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
Method of Application
Deadline: Dec 7, 2023