Principal Superintending Architect
Institution: Nyeri County
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Group “Q”– 1 post (Advert No. 8/2022)
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level may be deployed as a head of a section at County headquarters or as a sub–County works officer or as a County architect. Duties and responsibilities at the County level will entail:
Monitoring of expenditure on a county building development programme and delays on project:
- Preparing of the annual budget, development estimates for the department and checking of sketches/ schemes designs done by commissioned consultants and make recommendations for payments.
- In charge of data collection and collation in the County.
- Handling correspondence, reports and papers on policy matters;
- Monitoring and coordination of departmental resources and activities.
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- As the Sub– County works officer, the officer will be in charge of All architectural, engineering and quantity surveying services in the sub–county.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include
- Design and supervision of construction and maintenance of County buildings, civil and other public works.
- In addition, the officer will be responsible for research activities, administration and supervision of all staff working under him/her.
Requirements for Appointment
- For appointment to this cadre, an officer must have
- Served in the grade of chief superintending architect or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for at least three (3) years or seven (7) years in a comparable position in the private sector;
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- Been registered by the board of registration of architects and quantity surveyors
- Corporate membership with the architectural association of Kenya (AAK) attended a project development and management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Project development and management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Management course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Strategic leadership development course or related course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of structural programmes including supervision of professional and technical staff; and shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Method of Application
Duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD OFFICES
P.O BOX 90–10100,
All applications (hand delivered or through post office) should be received on or before 20th January 2022 at 5.00pm
Download County Government of Nyeri Employment Form for all Vacancies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution during the interviews. They will be required to provide valid compliances which includes;
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti–Corruption
Credit Reference Bureau.
Interns who have served or are currently serving in the County Government of Nyeri and fulfils the requisite requirements for appointment are encouraged to apply.
Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above address and cellphone.
The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should be reported to the police or to the County Public Service Board. You can use our cellphone numbers: 0745342000 / 0733977003