Principal Internal Auditor
Institution: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Type: Full Time
SECTION 13 : INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT
13.1 Principal Internal Auditor, Job Grade CASB 4 (CASB 41/8/2021) – 1 Post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulation, implementation, interpretation and review of policies, rules, standards and procedures governing internal audit activity;
- Development of the Internal Audit Charter, risk-based annual work plan and Internal Audit strategic plan;
iii. Determining adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems;
- Providing assurance that Assembly assets are properly utilized;
- Ensuring that operations of Internal Audit functions are within the recognized national and international audit standards;
- Secretary to the Audit committee;
vii. A member of the management committee;
viii. Overseeing the implementation of audit programmes;
- Preparation and submission of quarterly and annual final audit reports;
- Ensuring findings and recommendations arising from each internal audit assignment are promptly reported to the accounting officer and then Audit committee;
- Establishing and maintaining a system to monitor the disposition of Audit results through follow up;
xii. Ensuring maintenance of high standards of performance in the department;
xiii. Undertake institutional risk assessments and recommend mitigation measures;
xiv. Ensure conformance with code of ethics and standards;
- Submission of the risk-based annual audit plan to the Audit Committee.
xvi. Appraising staff in the department;
xvii. Preparation and implementation of departmental budget proposals and procurement plans; and
xviii. Mentoring and coaching staff
Requirements for Appointment
- a) minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the relevant field on a managerial position;
- b) Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business
Administration or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- c) Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Auditing, Business Administration or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- d) Possess Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPAK) or Certified Internal Auditors (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification;
- e) Member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or Institute of Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing;
- f) Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than six (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- g) Proficiency in computer applications;
- h) Demonstrate integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, competence, due professional care, independence, merit and ability as reflected in work
- i) Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence;
- j) Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Detailed specifications and requirements for each position stated above can be downloaded from the County Assembly website http://www.bungomaassembly.go.ke/
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials. and National Identity card.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials. National Identity Card, and clearances from. EACC, KRA, DCI. HELB and CRB.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886-50200, Bungoma
Or via email email@example.com
- be hand delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 at the Main County Assembly building.
All applications should be received not later than 23rd September, 2021.
THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
COUNTY ASSEMBLY SERVICE BOARD.