Principal Human Resource Management Officer
Institution: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Type: Full Time
SECTION 11 : HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
11.1 Principal Human Resource Management Officer, Job Grade CASB 4 (CASB 31/8/2021) – 1 Post.
Basic Salary: Kshs. 99,900
House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 14,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulation, implementation, interpretation and review appropriate human resource management policies, rules, regulations and procedures;
- Implementing strategic objectives on human resource functions;
iii. Co-ordinating staff recruitment, selection, induction and placement;
- Ensuring compliance with the statutory human resource legislation, rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Implementation and adoption of the code of conduct;
- Secretary to all hr. administrative committees;
vii. Coordinating preparation of management reports;
viii. The administration of MCAs and staff benefits;
- Deploying staff in conjunction with the other departments;
- Managing human resource planning and succession planning;
- Coordinating hr. audit;
xii. The administration of MCAs and staff insurance covers ;
xiii. Administering employment contracts and scheme of service for effective performance;
xiv. Assisting in managing employee relations and grievance handling process;
- Assisting in coordinating staff training and development function;
xvi. Coordinating the implementation of performance management processes;
xvii. Developing and implementing plans and goals for the department;
xviii. Preparation and implementation of departmental budget proposals and procurement plans; and
xix. Mentoring and coaching staff.
Requirements for Appointment
- a) minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the relevant field on management level;
- b) Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or any other and relevant qualification from a recognized Institution;
- c) Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management/Development, Business Administration (Human Resource Management option) or any other equivalent from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
- d) Attained Part III of CHRP examinations by HRMPEB or CPS Part III or a holder of Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management of Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC);
- e) Senior Management Course lasting not less than (4) weeks will be an added advantage;
- f) Proficiency in computer application skills;
- g) Be a registered member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) and in good standing;
- h) Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance; and
- i) Knowledge and understanding of government goals and priorities.
- j) Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Detailed specifications and requirements for each position stated above can be downloaded from the County Assembly website http://www.bungomaassembly.go.ke/
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials. and National Identity card.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials. National Identity Card, and clearances from. EACC, KRA, DCI. HELB and CRB.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886-50200, Bungoma
Or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- be hand delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 at the Main County Assembly building.
All applications should be received not later than 23rd September, 2021.
THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
COUNTY ASSEMBLY SERVICE BOARD.