Institution: Kakamega County
Job Type: Full Time
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions. (1) POSITION: POLYTECHNIC INSTRUCTORS – (25 POSTS)
Terms of Service: One (1) year renewable contract, based on performance.
- The Department of Education, Science and Technology has vacancies for Polytechnic Instructors in the following areas:
- Information Communication Technology
- Building Construction
- Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
- Fashion Design and Garment Marking
- Metal Processing
- Carpentry and Joinery
Duties and Responsibilities
- The instructors will report to the Principal of the County Polytechnic and be responsible for:
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and give lecture notes;
- Strict adherence to curriculum in instructing leaners in the course/trade area;
- Prepare internal exams and carry out continuous assessment;
- Supervise and assess trainee(s) in the course area;
- Prepare trainees for external exams by providing practical technical skills as required for effective competency acquisition;
- Carry out examination and competence based assessment;
- Ensuring leaners participate in co-curriculum activities;
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Craft Certificate/ Government Grade Test 1 in any of the fields listed above:
- Possession of a Diploma in the relevant technical area where applicable, will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Pedagogy (Teaching Strategies) will be an added advantage;
- Relevant teaching experience of at least one (1) year will be an added advantage; and
- Demonstrate professional competence in the technical area;
Method of Application
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website http://184.108.40.206/jobs , fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 24th September, 2021 at 11.59 P.M. N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified. PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
S E C R E T A R Y / C E O , C P S B