Office Administrative Assistant II (Executive Secretary)
Institution: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Type: Full Time
SECTION 11 : HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
11.4 Office Administrative Assistant II (Executive Secretary) - CASB 7 (CASB 34/8/2021) – 1 Post.
Basic Salary: Kshs. 49,000
House Allowance: Kshs, 18,000
Other Allowance: Kshs, 8,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing it in typewritten form
- Typing form drafts, manuscripts or recording from dictation machines
iii. Processing data
- Management of e-office
- Ensuring security of office records; documents and equipment; including classified materials
- Preparing responses to simple routine correspondence
vii. Management of office protocol; managing of office petty cash; handling telephone calls and appointments
viii. Operating office equipment
Requirement for Appointment
- a) A Higher Diploma, in Secretarial Studies or a Higher Diploma in Business and Office Management or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- b) Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- c) The following qualifications from Kenya National Examination Council ( KNEC) shorthand III (90 w.p.m), typewriting III (40 w.p.m)/ Computerized Document
Processing III, Office Management III/Office Administration and Management
III, Business English III /Communications II Office Practice II, Commerce II, Secretarial Duties II;
- d) Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution;
- e) Secretarial Management Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- f) minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- g) Demonstrated merit and ability in work performance;
- h) Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Detailed specifications and requirements for each position stated above can be downloaded from the County Assembly website http://www.bungomaassembly.go.ke/
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials. and National Identity card.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials. National Identity Card, and clearances from. EACC, KRA, DCI. HELB and CRB.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886-50200, Bungoma
Or via email email@example.com
- be hand delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 at the Main County Assembly building.
All applications should be received not later than 23rd September, 2021.
THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
COUNTY ASSEMBLY SERVICE BOARD.