Member, Audit Committee
Institution: County Assembly Service Board of Machakos
Job Type: Full Time
- Member, Audit Committee (ONE POSITION)
- a) Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating whether processes are in place to address key roles and responsibilities in relation to risk management
- Evaluating the adequacy of the control environment to provide reasonable assurance that the systems of internal control are of a high standard and are functioning as intended.
- Performing an independent review of the financial statements to ensure the integrity and transparency of the financial reporting process.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Assembly's performance information and Compliance with the performance management framework and performance reporting requirements.
- Evaluating the quality of the internal audit function, particularly in the areas of planning, monitoring, and reporting.
- Engaging with the external audit and assessing the adequacy of management response to issues identified by audit.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of how the Assembly monitors compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes a culture committed to lawful and ethical behavior.
- Any other duty as stipulated in the PFM Act, 2012/PFM Regulations, 2015 or Kenya Gazette Notice No.2690.
- b) Minimum Requirement for Appointment
- Interested candidates should have a Minimum of a degree from a recognized University in the following fields, Accounting, Finance. Auditing, Economics,
- Risk management or any other related fields
- Be a citizen of Kenya
- Have knowledge and experience of not less than Five (5) years in: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Auditing, Risk Management and reporting / Auditing
- Have a good understanding of the objects, principles and functions of the County Assembly
- Meet the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Should be a member of a professional body
- Should NOT be past or present employee of the County Assembly of Machakos
- Should NOT be a political office holder or an agent/employee of a business organization which is carrying out any business with County Assembly of Machakos in the last two years
Term of Service: The member shall serve on a part time basis for a period of three years and shall be eligible for a re-appointment based on performance for another final term of three years.
To be compensated as per the applicable guidelines by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
Each application should be accompanied by detailed CV. and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National identification card or passport and other relevant testimonials.
Applications can be either posted delivered physically to the County Assembly Offices-Office of the Clerk along Mwatu wa Ngoma Road, Machakos or submitted online as PDF attachment via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be addressed as shown below and the position applied for clearly indicated as advertised.
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 1168-90100
Important information to all applicants
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Assembly Service Board on or before 25th January, 2022.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance /compliance certificate from the following agencies
- Ethics and Anti-corruption commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of criminal Investigation '
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Women and persons
with disability are encouraged to apply.