Medical Specialist (Paediatric Cardiology
Institution: Kenyatta National Hospital
Job Type: Full Time
JOB GROUP KNH 6 (2 POSTS)
Reporting to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of the Department the Medical Specialist (Paediatric cardiology) will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement clinical decisions for specialised quality patient care.
- Implement hospital programmes within their respective specialities, including coordination of intervention activities, development and review of protocol, SOPs and work instructions.
- Training, supervising and mentoring Medical Officers, Medical Intern and other students.
- Work with other specialties for multi-disciplinary patient care
- Undertake and support medical research and clinical audits, utilizing the data to benefit the patient while implementing the recommendations.
- Undertake all required patient care activities; emergency medical procedures, ward rounds and communicating to patients.
- Executing Medico-legal duties including filling of P3 forms, court attendance and forensic duties
- Champion continuous quality healthcare standards and patient safety guidelines
- Accepts other responsibilities that the Senior Medical Specialist may request from time to time, such as representation on Committees, investigatespatient management practices, and initiates new procedures and services
- C oordinating and managing referral care within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Paediatrics or equivalent from the University of Nairobi or any other recognized University by the Medical Practitioner and Dentist Council
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from a recognized institution by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience, three (3) of which should have been at the level of Senior Medical Officer or comparable position.
- Sub-specialization / or interest in Paediatrics Cardiology or equivalent qualification from an Institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Specialist and / sub-specialist recognition certificate from the Medical
- Practitioners and Dentist Council
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Method of Application
All those Interested in the above positions and meet the minimum requirements are requested to download and fill the application form https://knh.or.ke/vacancies/2017/aug/KNH_Applicational_Form-rev.pdf . The application form together with a detailed C.V. indicating qualifications, experience, current responsibilities, copies of testimonials and certificates must be submitted on or 12th October 2021 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
(A) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
KRA Tax Compliance
“Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification”.