Institution: Kirinyaga University
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of physical facilities, housekeeping and ground maintenance
- Preparation of Architectural and structural drawings
- Preparation of cost estimates related to maintenance and construction of new buildings.
- Site measurements for valuation of projects
- Co–ordinate Artisans work as assigned
- Ensuring that materials are utilized well to avoid loss.
- Conducting routine maintenance surveillance.
- Collaborating and giving input for implementation of maintenance schedule for physical facilities.
- Ensure delivery of quality services and workmanship by contractors and consultants
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering/ Quantity Surveying/ Architecture from a recognized Institution
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in a large organization
- Registration with the relevant professional body
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant computer based applications such as AutoCAD
Terms and conditions of service
- Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
- Employment will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms except for Tutorial Fellows.
- Those with degrees from foreign universities should attach certificates of equation and recognition of qualifications from Kenya National Qualifications Authority.
- Applicants must meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution, 2010
Method of Application
Applicants must submit five (5) copies of applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of most recent letter of appointment.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 9th August, 2021.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
P.O. BOX 143-10300