Livestock Production Officer
Institution: Embu County
Job Type: Full Time
Ref No: CPSB 12/22 (E)
For appointment to this grade, candidates must have:-
Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology, or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized Institution; and
Certificate in computer applications.
- This is the entry and training grade for this cadre, An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Preparing livestock technical information;
- Providing technical advice in animal production, livestock marketing, range management, apiculture, and ranching;
- Promoting economic livestock farming:
- Participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits;
- Participating in collaborative research activities;
- Collecting livestock inputs and products samples for analysis;
- Disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis on farm feed formulation;
- Implementing livestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding programmes, fodder
- production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, emerging livestock programmmes and other animal husbandry interventions ; and Capturing, maintaining and storing livestock data.
Method of Application
All Applicants are requested to download an APPLICATION FORM http://www.embu.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/EMBU-COUNTY-PUBLIC-SERVICE-BOARD-APPLICATION-FORM-2-Revised-2019.pdf) and detailed document containing requirements relevant to positions advertised.
Candidate MUST attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National ID
- Academic, professional certificates and testimonial
- Any other supporting document
All applications to be sent to the undersigned with the job reference written on it on or before 5th July 2022.
EMBU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 2871-60100,