Legal Officer - Corporate Services
Institution: Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company Limited
Job Type: Full Time
- Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company Limited (NWSC) currently has the following job openings: Legal Officer Corporate Services.
- This is job opening is attributed to the continued growth and a need to strengthen their team. They are looking for self-motivated, qualified, competent, seasoned and talented professionals capable of operating in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Nairobi Water and sewerage company Limited is mandated to provide water and sanitation services within the county of Nairobi.
- To provide legal services in an efficient and effective timely manner that enhances compliance with legal and statutory requirements.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Preparing and reviewing legal contracts, memoranda of understanding, deeds, leases, and other legal papers of a routine nature.
- Researching on relevant statutes, rulings and precedents to be used as a basis for answering requests for legal opinions.
- Providing legal advice with a view to ensuring compliance with legal and statutory requirements.
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of legal matters with up to date progress.
- Reviewing and formulating legal policies, procedures and regulations.
- Reviewing recent legislation, court cases, correspondence and publications pointing out matters of note or which necessitate management action.
- Liaising with other departments in managing legal matters.
- Assisting in the provision of efficient, professional and informed Board Secretariat services and corporate governance support to the Board. This role involves implementing the Company’s continuing obligations in line with constitutive documents, applicable codes of Corporate Governance, the Companies Act and best practice and includes activities such as drafting notices of meetings; preparation of board files; coordination of board evaluation; preparing advisories for the board/management on matters of corporate governance and compliance; communicating board decisions to management; maintaining a data base of all board decisions; preparing a summary of the implementation status of board resolutions; and preparing returns for filing.
- Attending relevant registries as and when required to.
- Attending meetings within and outside the company premises on behalf of the Company.
Education, Professional Qualifications And Work Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate; A registered member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing;
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ post-admission experience in a busy legal department/environment.
- Being a registered member of the Institute of Certified Secretaries (Kenya) will be an added advantage.
Required Skills And Competencies
- Strong management, negotiation and report writing skills;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications; Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Method of Application
- If you meet the requirements for the position, send your application in confidence, clearly indicating your name and daytime contacts.
- Kindly include your detailed and updated CV with three referees including their daytime contacts. Also include testimonials and copies of academic and professional qualifications. Remember to include the job reference number of the job applied for in the application
- Seal the application envelope and indicate on the top the job reference number.
Send or Deliver the application to the address below.
Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company Limited
Kampala Road, Off Enterprise Road, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 30656 – 00100
Nairobi – Kenya
Application Deadline: 10th December 2021
The recruitment team will contact shortlisted candidates only.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Nairobi City Water and Services company is an equal opportunity employer.