Head Of Engineering and Technology
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
BURN is looking for a Head of Engineering & Technology whose overall responsibility will be to bring new Electric cooking products through the product development process and launch them into the factory, including design, testing, engineering, process development, and developing/launching new production lines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for launching new electric cooking products in the factory, including timelines, budgets, and risk analysis in addition to technical aspects.
- Detailed design of new products, including process development, equipment selection, design for manufacturability, durability testing, material selection, etc.
- Design and produce production, assembly, and QC tooling as well as custom factory equipment.
- Oversee initial production of new products.
- Team management of engineers, testing lab, and workshop. Work closely with designers, market research, factory management, quality control.
- Develop SOP’s, WI, specs, tolerances, QA processes and procedures.
- Create and adhere to budgets and timelines.
- Support the factory, including troubleshooting, root cause analysis, equipment startup, and continuous improvement.
- Oversee the development of new production processes and related documentation.
- Manage a team of electrical, firmware and software engineers for internal and outsourced development.
Skills and Experience
- We expect 6-10 years of relevant experience and experience leading consumer product development in African markets is highly desired.
- You are a strong communicator, have always the overview over all moving pieces in your team. You perceive fast moving targets and changing priorities as a fun exercise, as your proactivity usually makes you faster than them.
- You build strong, fact driven decision making materials with your teams. You have tremendous experience in managing divers’ teams that might span different time zones.
- You are a product person; a people’s person and you know how to set priorities and coordinate with all stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- You are not shy to ask questions and are always striving to deliver the best results, considering the complexity of the system and its requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
We offer a role with significant responsibility, compensation including benefits matching the level of the candidate and an opportunity to have a needle moving impact on human lives and the environment across Africa.
Compensation is commensurate with experience
Method of Application
Closing: Thu, 30 Sep 2021
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.