Institution: Judiciary of Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must: –
- A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A valid driving license for classes B, C & E;
- A First Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. Johns Ambulance, Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other equivalent institution;
- Passed the suitability test for Drivers Grade III;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- A Certificate in Defensive Driving will be an added advantage; and
- Meet the Requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Have minimum progressive accident-free driving experience of five (5) years
- Job Core Competencies
- Ability to carry-out basic level vehicle maintenance;
- Must be sober, observe body hygiene, courteous, honest and of high integrity;
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate in English & Kiswahili;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and make rational decisions;
- Ability to read maps effectively for directions; and good time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving the vehicles as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling and oil systems, electrical system, tyre pressure and brakes;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Proper maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned to the driver;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- Ensuring safety of the passengers and or goods therein
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their a plications by Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal.