Digital & E-Channels Support Officer
Institution: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
To support business growth, the Bank is looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to be part of our ICT team supporting Digital & E Channels.
Reporting to the Manager – Digital Channels, the person will be responsible for the day to day support and management of the digital channels and related systems. This includes Mobile Banking ,Internet Banking, SFI, SMS Gateway, Credit Score, Integrations to 3rd Parties for Saccos, Mobile money, bill payments and roll-out of projects relating to the Channels. In addition, he/she is expected to cut across learn and provide collaboration support for all other systems managed by the unit.
The successful jobholder will be expected to :
- Ensure that all the Digital and E-Channels Systems are properly managed and deliver business results and delightful customer experience.
- Provide solutions to all system related problems or failures.
- Participate and carry out system implementation, rollouts and upgrades and ensure maintenance of the required system configuration, parameterization and change control procedures.
- Ensure that business systems are protected and secure and that policies, procedures and guidelines for information processing and outputs are well documented, details available and well understood.
- Ensure uptime and efficiency of the business systems and provide advice, training, demonstrations and all troubleshooting needs for any problems or knowledge digital channels may require before liaising with the Vendors if technical problem is over capability.
- Ensure strict adherence to all regulations, statutes, standards, practices and all internal processes and procedures as per the relevant manuals and comply with all relevant external legislation and regulations with regard to Compliance requirements
- Contribute to the department’s achievement of a “Satisfactory” rating in both internal and external audit by performing your role to the required standards and adhering to all internal processes and procedures as per relevant manuals, policies and regulations of the bank.
- Ensure generation and maintenance of audit trails for any changes occurring in sensitive databases are captured and secured.
- Ensure that all risk management requirements within your remit are addressed and where necessary escalated through the available defined channels.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in an ICT related field from a recognized university with at least 3 Years’ experience in a competitive Digital Channels and Payments environment.
- Working experience on Linux and Unix based environment with proficiency Linux scripting and associated tools
- Competence in API based technologies such as REST and SOAP APIs
- Knowledge and experience on Integration of Web Services to Enterprise Service Bus (ESBs) and associated tools
- Competence in Apache based technologies such as Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, Maven and Kafka
- Working experience with Message Queuing Systems including IBM MQ, JMS and ActiveMQ
- Advanced knowledge in SQL scripting using relational databases such as Oracle, MSSQL and MySQL
- Knowledge in No-SQL scripting, ITIL foundation, Dev Ops, and CI/CD technologies will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Mobile Banking platforms languages and platforms will also be an added advantage
- Knowledge in Service Desk related technologies such as Jira among others.
How to apply :
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number DSO/IID/2021 by 29th December, 2021.