Deputy Director, Vendor Management Services
Institution: Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA)
Job Type: Full Time
Job Ref. No KEMSA/SCMS/2022/004
Scope of Work /Duties /Responsibilities
- Facilitating the collation, preparation and submission of annual work plans;
- Ensuring full compliance to the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015 & Regulations 2020, Authority’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinating the preparation of Board circulars and reports as per the Board Calendar or as may be directed from time to time;
- Liaising with legal and other user departments in drawing and managing compliance and reporting functions in the Authority;
- Oversee the training of supply chain team & users to help build internal capacity and execution of a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) program;
- Facilitating the identification of systems that can be integrated to facilitate seamless flow of data;
- Ensuring update of information on the Public Procurement Information Portal in accordance to executive order no 2 of 2018 and statutory reporting;
- Facilitating gathering of market intelligence and advising supply Chain team on best practices;
- Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness in the use of e- procurement in the Authority;
- Fostering harmonious Supplier Relationship Management Systems supporting the suppliers and tendering process; and
- Overseeing the overall management of supply chain documentation (such as the vendor master files) for easy retrieval when required, to enhance efficiency in operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Logistics, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Been a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Certified Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) in good standing;
- Membership to a professional body where applicable;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- A minimum period of ten (10) years in relevant work experience and at least three (3) years in a Supervisory position in the Public Service or Private Sector
Method of Application
Interested candidates are required to submit their duly filled application forms (available on https://www.kemsa.co.ke/download/application-form/ in either hard or soft copy formats marked / referenced ‘Job Ref
Application for the specific Position should be stated .
- Hard copy applications to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked / referenced clearly as above.
- Interested candidates should not indicate their names on the envelope.
- Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit certified true copies of certificates, testimonials, a detailed CV, and MUST fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to attach copies of the requisite documents during interviews.
Hard Copy Applications can be submitted physically or sent via postal mail and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority
Commercial Street Industrial Area
P.O. Box 47715 – 00100
Soft copy applications can be sent via email to email@example.com
Online applications can be submitted via www.careers.kemsa.co.ke All applications should be submitted and received on or before: 17:00hrs on August 16, 2022.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) on https://careers.kemsa.co.ke/ to apply