Deputy Director, QMS HSE Risk Management Coordination
Institution: Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA)
Job Type: Full Time
Job Ref. No KEMSA/SP/2022/002
Scope of Work /Duties /Responsibilities
- Steering the implementation of the Authority’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework;
- Identifying likely risks of the project and providing mitigating measures to guide implementation;
- Identifying issues relating to QMS, HSE and risks within project implementation and explore potential solutions and appropriate
- implementation of solutions in the Authority; developing and implementing appropriate Risk Management Strategies and Policies for the Authority;
- Ensure QMS, HSE and risk-adjusted management of all projects to ensure both fiscal and operational continuity;
- Reviewing of the Documented Processes in liaison with the users until they are uploaded to Q-Pulse for approval by Departmental Managers;
- Oversee training of staff on ISO 9001:2015 and other Management Standards;
- Guiding staff on the implementation and review of ISO 9001:2015
- QMS, HSE and also including Risk Management in the Authority;
- Plan, Schedule and Conduct of Internal ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Audits;
- Monitoring the key corporate risks and exposures, and escalate the priority issues to the CEO or Directors;
- Providing secretariat services to the Central Risk Steering Committee;
- Evaluating the Enterprise Risk Management Framework against the evolving best practices in risk management;
- Reviewing the key risk indicators applied across the Authority and their appropriateness; and
- Ensuring the development, rollout and review of QMS, HSE and Risk Management Information System as a repository for risk data and information in the Authority.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Risk Management, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Risk Management, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Professional qualification, where applicable
- Membership to a professional body where applicable
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in computer applications
- A minimum period of ten (10) years in relevant work experience and at least three (3) years in a Supervisory position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are required to submit their duly filled application forms (available on https://www.kemsa.co.ke/download/application-form/ in either hard or soft copy formats marked / referenced ‘Job Ref
Application for the specific Position should be stated .
- Hard copy applications to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked / referenced clearly as above.
- Interested candidates should not indicate their names on the envelope.
- Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit certified true copies of certificates, testimonials, a detailed CV, and MUST fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to attach copies of the requisite documents during interviews.
Hard Copy Applications can be submitted physically or sent via postal mail and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority
Commercial Street Industrial Area
P.O. Box 47715 – 00100
Soft copy applications can be sent via email to email@example.com
Online applications can be submitted via www.careers.kemsa.co.ke All applications should be submitted and received on or before: 17:00hrs on August 16, 2022.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) on https://careers.kemsa.co.ke/ to apply