Court Assistant II
Institution: Judiciary of Kenya
Job Type: Full Time
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- This is an entry point to the Court Assistant cadre. For appointment to the grade, the applicant must have:
- Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- or its recognized equivalent;
- Knowledge in Computer.
- Good command in English and Kiswahili
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Note: Applicants with additional certificates or qualifications will have an added advantage.
Job Core Competencies:
- Knowledge in maintenance of files and smooth flow of files and documents through the court system
- Good Interpersonal relations;
- Good Communication skills;
- Problem-solving skills
- Confidentiality and High Integrity
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting litigants and members of the public to access courts and court services.
- Verifying pleadings before filing
- Preparing court documents as provided in various statutes;
- Diarizing mention and hearing dates of all ongoing cases; v) Preparing of cause lists;
- Updating and accurately maintaining the case registers
- Issuing appeal numbers and proof reading typed proceedings;
- Calling for lower court records for appeal or review purposes;
- Compiling statistical records based on routine or special sources of information;
- Calculating and posting of personal dues and other entitlements;
- Filing of documents including pleadings, letters and receipts;
- Drafting simple letters; and Assessing and collecting court fees, deposits and fines Court Registries.
- Registration of cases ,opening and retrieval of case files;
- Issuance of summonses, notices and preparation of warrants;
- Proof-reading court proceedings;
- Entering judgments and other court orders;
- Compiling monthly returns under the supervision of a senior officer; and
- Compiling daily, monthly and any other returns under the supervision of a senior officer; and Compiling of statistical returns. Court Interpretation
- Ensuring that the courtroom chambers are properly arranged and that files and stationery are available for use by Judicial Officers;
- Calling out names of parties to a suit;
- Interpreting court proceedings;
- Conducting swearing of witnesses ;
- Preparing orders for signature;
- Maintaining court diaries;
- Compiling of statistical returns;
- Receiving, listing and securing exhibits; and ix) Ensuring security of files and exhibits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal.