Institution: Kenyatta University Teaching
Job Type: Full Time
REF - V/FT/84/2022
The Clinical Pathologist coordinates and provides specialized clinical pathology services and participate in research in the area of specialization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and report bone marrow aspirates and trephine biopsy, report and interpret peripheral blood films.
- Reporting and interpretation of specialized tests in hematology e.g. flow cytometry.
- Management of quality processes in chemical pathology.
- Interpretation of culture and sensitivity results and annual antibiogram data.
- Coordinate and provide laboratory services and service delivery in the laboratory unit of the hospital ensuring that they meet the expected standards and compliance in the hospital.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of the Department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Master of Medicine in Pathology from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council KMPDC).
- Recognition as a specialist by the KMPDC.
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- At least one (1) year of experience as a Clinical Pathologist in a busy hospital.
Method of Application
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via careers.kutrrh.go.ke OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form https://www.kutrrh.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/KUTRRH_Job_Application_Form_July_2022.pdf , and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 12th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau