ABOUT AFRICAN ENTREPRENEUR COLLECTIVE
African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC) works with entrepreneurs in Rwanda and Kenya to provide the systems and strategies to grow their businesses. Founded in 2012, AEC is a mission-driven organization that seeks both social impact and financial sustainability. AEC identifies entrepreneurs and provides them with business education, mentorship, and strategy consulting so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs for others, so far AEC has worked with more than 19,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, ranging from refugee entrepreneurs to tourism businesses to agriculture exporters. AEC’s goal is to support African entrepreneurs to create jobs by providing them skills, networks, and access to finance needed to grow their enterprises.
AEC is a 130-person organization, with a presence in Kenya and Rwanda. Currently with two offices in Rwanda and two offices in Kenya: Nairobi and Kakuma. AEC Kenya is seeking to expand into the county of Mombasa. In this area, we seek to work with SMEs primarily in the tourism and hospitality as well as the Agribusiness sector.
AEC Kenya is looking to hire a qualified, dedicated, and highly talented Client Relationship Manager (CRM) who will ensure that our expansion to Mombasa is a great success
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The CRM will lead a team of sales staff to meet organizational KPIs to reach the target market with our products and services. This CRM will work with the relevant colleagues to plan and manage the budget, staffing, and supervise the team of Client Relationship Associates.
SALES TEAM MANAGEMENT (50%)
- Manage, coach, and develop sales associates to ensure excellent sales delivery
- Advise on new product development, based on what clients are asking for
- Hold others accountable to company standards, being the example for others by always adhering to our processes and procedures, including good attendance.
- Go on-site visits/ attend client meetings alongside team members to help coach and guide them
- Work with Finance Department to manage client payments and expenses and systems to improve coordination between sales and finance
- Maintain standards of the department quality, productivity, and capacity
- Serve on the company’s management team, and other duties to support organizational culture and leadership
CLIENT SALES (50%)
- Recruit new companies to AEC each year – as a Manager, you’ll take the larger prospects
- Support the Managing Director as a lead salesperson on institutional contracts
- Maintain a perfect understanding of AEC's service offering, to be able to explain the right package to clients, after understanding their business needs
- Develop and grow relationships with Kenya’s leading business development partners (KNCCI, EATTA, Tourism Federation, etc.) and other sales channels including banks.
- Ensure staff add new client and their data to our tracking database
- Work with the Monitoring & Evaluation team to collect baseline data from all new clients
- Work with other sales staff to develop and implement a sophisticated and actionable nation-wide sales plan
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop marketing materials, including online, printed, and social media messaging to secure clients
- Represent AEC Kenya in public forums, including panels, conferences, and other venues
- Enhance the reputation and standing of AEC through strategic coordination with the Marketing and Communications Manager
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking individuals who can bring lasting impact to our work. We are looking for candidates who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humor, imagination, and integrity.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of work experience in sales within Kenya
- Experience with developing sales plans and strategies and establishing partnerships
- Experience in managing teams
- Good written and oral communications and presentation skills
- Do what you say you will do and as much as possible stick to the timeframes you provide.
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Must speak fluent English and Swahili
- Have an attitude of responsibility, accountability, and possibility.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field
All staff embody the company’s culture. In addition to the skills above, all candidates must demonstrate our core values:
- Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader
- Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
- Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
- Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others. Be compassionate and inclusive.
- Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja: We appreciate our colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Fun, collaborative work environment that is driven by our values and mission
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skill
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Kenya
NB: We do not employ staff whose background is not suitable. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks