Business Development Services Consultancy
Institution: PMC Estates
Job Type: Full Time
PMC Estates Ltd is a real estate management company with a specialty in prime residential and commercial properties. As one of the finest property management companies in Kenya, we are committed to excellence while setting innovative standards in delivering our services to our various clientele ranging from local individual investors to international corporations through our trained and highly qualified team.
For the purposes of this assessment, the Consultant should have at least a Bachelors Degree in Agribusiness /Agricultural economics/ Marketing/ Economics/ Commerce/Business management or related field background and extensive experience and knowledge in business mentoring and coaching in Kenya, including for youth and women initiatives. The desirable qualifications for the lead consultant include:
- Knowledge of ILO start and improve your business (SIYB), and grow and expand your business (GEYB) and mentoring approaches.
- Practical business knowledge with emphasis on marketing and Financial management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Market Research, monitoring and evaluation and product development.
- A good command of the English, Swahili and Luo language.
- Demonstrated experience in small business development and management (own business or by providing business development services), experience with small business financing, market analysis and market research.
- Demonstrated experience in community economic development, community empowerment, working with communit based organisations.
- Strong experience in networking.
- Highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Motivated and goal orientated.
- Comfortable working autonomously.
- Creative and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strategic/big picture view – goal orientated.
- Report writing experience.
- Experience directly working with young people in research
- Good understanding and proven track record in safeguarding / do not harm principle.
- Experience working in the lake Basin, highly recommended.
For a detailed Terms of Reference of the assignment please visit: Supporting documents section.
Responsibilities Consultant(s) Roles and Responsibilities
TREYL project would like to hire a business development services consultant who will provide services that improve the performance of their enterprises/businesses, access to markets and their ability to compete by supporting youth mentors to access Information, skills, networks and support on input/output, production, marketing, policy level (subsidies, import & export regulations etc.) and international market level (markets, import regulations, tariffs, competing countries etc.) and provide referrals to relevant institutions.
The consultant will act as a One-stop-shop for Business training, consultancy, linking, networking, mentoring, coaching and advisory services to small and medium sized enterprises and individual businesses within Homabay and Kisumu counties to improve their business skills.
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the required qualifications and experience; please send your application only quoting the job title on the email subject ( e.g Repairs and maintenance Officer) to email@example.com with a well-detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees.
Deadline: 30th June 2021
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.