Administrative Officer (Examination Section)
Institution: Kirinyaga University
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure safe custody of examination documents and records.
- Receive pass lists from academic departments. This shall include scanning and filing copies in safe custody.
- Photocopying, collating, packaging and dispatch of University examinations.
- Processing examination results, registration of supplementary examinations and registration of repeat units.
- Secretariat to Senate and Deans Board of Examiners, Student disciplinary committee and Graduation committee.
- Schedule teaching venues in the system and generate an overall University teaching timetable.
- Ensure transcripts are generated on time.
- Prepare examination office procurement plan and budget for a financial year in consultation with the Examination Office.
- Processes store requisition and purchase requisition of office items.
- Perform any other duty assigned from time to time by the supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Should have knowledge and experience in using computerized management information systems applications and tools.
- Three (3) years’ working experience in administrative duties.
- Terms and conditions of service
- Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
- Employment will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms except for Tutorial Fellows.
- Those with degrees from foreign universities should attach certificates of equation and recognition of qualifications from Kenya National Qualifications Authority.
- Applicants must meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution, 2010
Method of Application
Applicants must submit five (5) copies of applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of most recent letter of appointment.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 9th August, 2021.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
P.O. BOX 143-10300